Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vickers S24 surveyors level

I have a Vickers S24 Surveyors Level ... I need to obtain a spare for
this.
Anybody know if Vickers are still going ? ... the manual in the box
shows them as being:

Vickers Instruments - Div of Vickers Ltd., Haxby Rd., York.

Tried Directory enquiries, and Googling around but n success so far.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
AA AA is offline

On Aug 14, 1:22 pm, Osprey wrote:
I have a Vickers S24 Surveyors Level ... I need to obtain a spare for
this.
Anybody know if Vickers are still going ? ... the manual in the box
shows them as being:

Vickers Instruments - Div of Vickers Ltd., Haxby Rd., York.

Tried Directory enquiries, and Googling around but n success so far.

They became Accent Optical Technologies which was acquired by
Nanometrics in 2006. http://archive.yorkpress.co.uk/2006/10/10/348972.html

http://www.nanometrics.com/ still lists a Haxby road address.

I guess you should keep an eye on ebay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Aug, 15:26, AA wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:22 pm, Osprey wrote:

I have a Vickers S24 Surveyors Level ... I need to obtain a spare for
this.
Anybody know if Vickers are still going ? ... the manual in the box
shows them as being:

Vickers Instruments - Div of Vickers Ltd., Haxby Rd., York.

Tried Directory enquiries, and Googling around but n success so far.

They became Accent Optical Technologies which was acquired by
Nanometrics in 2006.http://archive.yorkpress.co.uk/2006/10/10/348972.html

http://www.nanometrics.com/still lists a Haxby road address.

I guess you should keep an eye on ebay.

Ta ... I'll try them