DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vickers S24 surveyors level (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/210822-vickers-s24-surveyors-level.html)

Osprey August 14th 07 01:22 PM

Vickers S24 surveyors level

I have a Vickers S24 Surveyors Level ... I need to obtain a spare for
this.
Anybody know if Vickers are still going ? ... the manual in the box
shows them as being:

Vickers Instruments - Div of Vickers Ltd., Haxby Rd., York.

Tried Directory enquiries, and Googling around but n success so far.

AA August 14th 07 03:26 PM

On Aug 14, 1:22 pm, Osprey wrote:
I have a Vickers S24 Surveyors Level ... I need to obtain a spare for
this.
Anybody know if Vickers are still going ? ... the manual in the box
shows them as being:

Vickers Instruments - Div of Vickers Ltd., Haxby Rd., York.

Tried Directory enquiries, and Googling around but n success so far.

They became Accent Optical Technologies which was acquired by
Nanometrics in 2006. http://archive.yorkpress.co.uk/2006/10/10/348972.html

http://www.nanometrics.com/ still lists a Haxby road address.

I guess you should keep an eye on ebay.

Osprey August 18th 07 11:13 PM

On 14 Aug, 15:26, AA wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:22 pm, Osprey wrote:

I have a Vickers S24 Surveyors Level ... I need to obtain a spare for
this.
Anybody know if Vickers are still going ? ... the manual in the box
shows them as being:

Vickers Instruments - Div of Vickers Ltd., Haxby Rd., York.

Tried Directory enquiries, and Googling around but n success so far.

They became Accent Optical Technologies which was acquired by
Nanometrics in 2006.http://archive.yorkpress.co.uk/2006/10/10/348972.html

http://www.nanometrics.com/still lists a Haxby road address.

I guess you should keep an eye on ebay.

Ta ... I'll try them