Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Router plates

Has anyone any experience with the Veritas circular router plate?
(http://www.brimarc.com/home.php3?page=products&pc=J2501)
It seems like a good idea so I'm thinking of copying it, but it would be
good to hear how well it works in practice.

Alternatively, any better ideas for router plates?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Being a user of a conventional router table, that looks very useful. I
would usually dismiss Veritas as overpriced gadgets, but may well have
a look at that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NoSpam" wrote in message
Has anyone any experience with the Veritas circular router plate?
(http://www.brimarc.com/home.php3?page=products&pc=J2501)
It seems like a good idea so I'm thinking of copying it, but it would be
good to hear how well it works in practice.

Alternatively, any better ideas for router plates?

Dave

Buy the product, as you will find if copying it from perspex more hassle
than its worth.

cutting perspex is by no means easy and is a right pain to get a perfect
edge circumfrence wise.

I made some router base jigs from perspex which I purchased of ebay and I
was sorry I started maing them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
Has anyone any experience with the Veritas circular router plate?
(http://www.brimarc.com/home.php3?page=products&pc=J2501)
It seems like a good idea so I'm thinking of copying it, but it would be
good to hear how well it works in practice.

Alternatively, any better ideas for router plates?

Dave

Buy the product, as you will find if copying it from perspex more hassle
than its worth.

cutting perspex is by no means easy and is a right pain to get a perfect
edge circumfrence wise.

I made some router base jigs from perspex which I purchased of ebay and I
was sorry I started maing them.

I plan on using 6mm aluminium, and modifying the idea slightly - pretty
sure that perspex would bow too much.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NoSpam" wrote in message

I plan on using 6mm aluminium, and modifying the idea slightly - pretty
sure that perspex would bow too much.

1/4" perspex at a 10" circumfrence...I doubt it.