Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Red Hot Squirrels Ate My Pigtails

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:27:40 +0000, Sean Inglis wrote:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.

After some discussion, we think it may be a protection racket; start
putting peanuts out again, or the hose gets it. I'm not giving in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After some discussion, we think it may be a protection racket; start
putting peanuts out again, or the hose gets it. I'm not giving in.

They *want* to destroy your house in huge fuel/air explosion, so they
can get at *all* the nuts inside - not the token few you hand out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-08-12 09:27:40 +0100, Sean Inglis said:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.

Why would you be surprised?

Chimpanzees hold barbecues

so squirrels getting LPG equipment doesn't seem beyond range.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jb Jb is offline

On 2007-08-12 09:27:40 +0100, Sean Inglis
said:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of
the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth
before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

SNIP

What do squirrels want LPG suff for?? Have you not been taking notice of
BG's prices lately?

Jb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-08-12 09:27:40 +0100, Sean Inglis said:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.
After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and
she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.
I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles
in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.

Why would you be surprised?

Chimpanzees hold barbecues

Only because it's frogs legs on the menu

so squirrels getting LPG equipment doesn't seem beyond range.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...

After some discussion, we think it may be a protection racket; start
putting peanuts out again, or the hose gets it. I'm not giving in.

They *want* to destroy your house in huge fuel/air explosion, so they
can get at *all* the nuts inside - not the token few you hand out.

They might be Nutlims.

Arthur

Squirrels Gimpy Home Repair 12 June 19th 06 10:19 AM
Squirrels = 3 vs. Me = 0 Steve Home Repair 22 November 8th 05 01:57 AM
@#$ squirrels MC Home Repair 16 April 2nd 05 02:23 AM
pigtails? donald girod Home Repair 7 November 23rd 04 01:43 PM
Use pigtails on receptacle Yi Jin Home Repair 11 June 14th 04 06:24 PM