MC

Default @#$ squirrels

OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in keeping pesky
squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question, Besides I
shoot my 44 and I would have the police at my door in a second, Although
would like to scare a few neighbors

I would like to have a few sane ideas before resorting to extreme measures.

Thanks in advance

xrongor

this thread comes up weekly.

the smartest animal will win this battle. since your first reaction is to
get the gun out, i suspect you will be fighthing a squirrel problem for a
long time.

randy

"MC" wrote in message
OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in keeping
pesky
squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question, Besides I
shoot my 44 and I would have the police at my door in a second, Although
would like to scare a few neighbors

I would like to have a few sane ideas before resorting to extreme
measures.

Thanks in advance

Lar

In article , mwclarke1
@yahoo.com says...
OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in keeping pesky
squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question, Besides I
shoot my 44 and I would have the police at my door in a second, Although
would like to scare a few neighbors

I would like to have a few sane ideas before resorting to extreme measures.

Thanks in advance

Live trap to catch the problem...garbage can full of water to eliminate
the problem.

--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
Dan C

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:53:43 -0700, xrongor wrote:

the smartest animal will win this battle. since your first reaction is to
get the gun out, i suspect you will be fighthing a squirrel problem for a
long time.

This is the second "animal protection advocate" post I've seen from you in
the last 5 minutes. Are you one of those tree-hugger wacko
save-the-spotted-owl freaks, or what?

To the original poster - poison the little *******s, and/or use a BB gun.

Linux Registered User #327951

Jim Ranieri

"MC" wrote in message
OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in keeping

pesky
squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question, Besides I
shoot my 44 and I would have the police at my door in a second, Although
would like to scare a few neighbors

I would like to have a few sane ideas before resorting to extreme

measures.

Thanks in advance

Well, I hesitate to show you this because I like squirrels...but this might
work for you.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/flysquirrel1.html

Joseph Meehan

MC wrote:
OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in
keeping pesky squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing
on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question,
Besides I shoot my 44 and I would have the police at my door in a
second, Although would like to scare a few neighbors

I would like to have a few sane ideas before resorting to extreme
measures.

Thanks in advance

A couple of dogs or large cats should take car of the problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Doug Miller

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
MC wrote:
OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in
keeping pesky squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing
on wiring ?

A couple of dogs or large cats should take car of the problem.

Yeah, but then you have to worry about keeping the dogs or cats out of the
garden. Cats think it's a litter box, and dogs think it's a cafeteria.

--
Regards,

G Henslee

MC wrote:
OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in keeping pesky
squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question,

CCI makes .22 ammo called CB's in shorts or longs. Either make no more
sound than a pellet gun and have very short range. That said, there are
a lot of people that would see you hang for shooting a squirrel, so one
word of caution
- neighbors -.
William W. Plummer

Joseph Meehan wrote:

MC wrote:

OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in
keeping pesky squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing
on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question,
Besides I shoot my 44 and I would have the police at my door in a
second, Although would like to scare a few neighbors

I would like to have a few sane ideas before resorting to extreme
measures.

Thanks in advance

A couple of dogs or large cats should take car of the problem.

Our large cat won't interrupt its snooze for squirrels.

G Henslee

Mark wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 05:07:10 -0800, G Henslee wrote:

MC wrote:

OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in keeping pesky
squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question,

CCI makes .22 ammo called CB's in shorts or longs. Either make no more
sound than a pellet gun and have very short range.

You've, OBVIOUSLY, never used these CB's then to make such a statement. Yea,
they are quieter than a standard .22, but are still far louder than a pellet
gun. They are, without question, as loud as a single firecracker - which will
get attention of neighbors.

I use them all of the time. Firecracker? Not QUITE.. But then maybe
it's the hearing aid.
Doug Miller

In article , G Henslee wrote:
Mark wrote:

You've, OBVIOUSLY, never used these CB's then to make such a statement. Yea,
they are quieter than a standard .22, but are still far louder than a pellet
gun. They are, without question, as loud as a single firecracker - which

will
get attention of neighbors.

I use them all of the time. Firecracker? Not QUITE.. But then maybe
it's the hearing aid.

When was the last time you changed the batteries in your hearing aid? Seems
it's time...

--
Regards,

G Henslee

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , G Henslee wrote:

Mark wrote:

You've, OBVIOUSLY, never used these CB's then to make such a statement. Yea,
they are quieter than a standard .22, but are still far louder than a pellet
gun. They are, without question, as loud as a single firecracker - which

will

get attention of neighbors.

I use them all of the time. Firecracker? Not QUITE.. But then maybe
it's the hearing aid.

When was the last time you changed the batteries in your hearing aid? Seems
it's time...

--
Regards,

Doug,

I wasn't referring to -my- hearing aid, as I don't need one.
Myob.
HeyBub

MC wrote:
OK, I would like to here a few practice solutions that work in
keeping pesky squirrels out of a garden, also keep them from chewing
on wiring ?

I live in a residential area so shooting is out of the question,
Besides I shoot my 44 and I would have the police at my door in a
second, Although would like to scare a few neighbors

I would like to have a few sane ideas before resorting to extreme
measures.

Thanks in advance

Be aware that squirrels are game animals. The season for killing them is
usually September through February. You will need a hunting license,
squirrel-call, bow-and-arrows, camoflage, squirrel blind, maybe waders,
decoys, retriever, and other gear.

The good news is that, because they are protected, the "ordinary rodent
damage" exclusion in your homeowner insurance does not apply.

What all the above means is, whatever you do, don't tell anyone (except your
insurance company).