DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Red Hot Squirrels Ate My Pigtails (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/210573-red-hot-squirrels-ate-my-pigtails.html)

Sean Inglis[_2_] August 12th 07 09:27 AM

Red Hot Squirrels Ate My Pigtails

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.

Sean Inglis[_2_] August 12th 07 09:31 AM

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:27:40 +0000, Sean Inglis wrote:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.

After some discussion, we think it may be a protection racket; start
putting peanuts out again, or the hose gets it. I'm not giving in.

[email protected] August 12th 07 10:02 AM

Red Hot Squirrels Ate My Pigtails

After some discussion, we think it may be a protection racket; start
putting peanuts out again, or the hose gets it. I'm not giving in.

They *want* to destroy your house in huge fuel/air explosion, so they
can get at *all* the nuts inside - not the token few you hand out.

Sean Inglis[_2_] August 12th 07 11:45 AM

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:02:56 +0000, wrote:

After some discussion, we think it may be a protection racket; start
putting peanuts out again, or the hose gets it. I'm not giving in.

They *want* to destroy your house in huge fuel/air explosion, so they
can get at *all* the nuts inside - not the token few you hand out.

Turns out this is quite common, once you know what to Google for. There
are reinforced hoses, but I think I'll make the effort to box them in
anyway - a bit of an eyesore.

Andy Hall August 12th 07 01:27 PM

On 2007-08-12 09:27:40 +0100, Sean Inglis said:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.

Why would you be surprised?

Chimpanzees hold barbecues

so squirrels getting LPG equipment doesn't seem beyond range.

Jb August 12th 07 03:54 PM

On 2007-08-12 09:27:40 +0100, Sean Inglis
said:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of
the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth
before
it p1ssed off.

After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.

SNIP

What do squirrels want LPG suff for?? Have you not been taking notice of
BG's prices lately?

Jb

raden August 12th 07 07:18 PM

Red Hot Squirrels Ate My Pigtails

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-08-12 09:27:40 +0100, Sean Inglis said:

Shaken rudely from my lie-in this morning by the Mrs saying that one of the
LPG bottles outside is hissing and she thinks it may have been squirrels,
because she saw one on the fence with something black in it's mouth before
it p1ssed off.
After the predictable profanities from me, I get up to check and
she's
absolutely right. The black stopper off one is gone, and it looks as if
it's been chewed off, and the pigtail hose leading to the other is split
in a number of places, teeth marks all over it.
I'll replace the damaged pigtail, and I'll be covering both bottles
in
mesh until I can cover them properly, but what do squirrels *want* with
this stuff.

Why would you be surprised?

Chimpanzees hold barbecues

Only because it's frogs legs on the menu

so squirrels getting LPG equipment doesn't seem beyond range.

--
geoff

Arthur2 August 14th 07 11:54 PM

Red Hot Squirrels Ate My Pigtails

wrote in message
oups.com...

After some discussion, we think it may be a protection racket; start
putting peanuts out again, or the hose gets it. I'm not giving in.

They *want* to destroy your house in huge fuel/air explosion, so they
can get at *all* the nuts inside - not the token few you hand out.

They might be Nutlims.

Arthur