Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SDS newbie question: why does chisel rotate?

Half the group are laughing, thinking I didn't switch the rotary stop
on.
But I did, honest.

Anyway, I switch it to chisel mode, and chisel away at the wall. This
works well on the whole, but the chuck slowly rotates, so the flat
plane of the chisel does not stay where I want it to. It does not
rotate unprovoked, but only when a torque is applied, e.g. when
chiselling against a bump.

Is this meant to happen? Or is it broken? Or am I doing something
wrong? Or something else?

Thanks!
David P.

Kenmore dryer's drum won't rotate [email protected] Home Repair 10 November 10th 06 05:34 AM
Shower head wont rotate Abe Home Repair 3 July 9th 05 04:18 PM
How do I rotate the universal table on a K&T 2K ? AL Metalworking 1 June 30th 05 09:35 AM
Rotate Your Stock George Woodturning 5 May 12th 05 06:25 PM
Chisel question Joe Gorman Woodworking 0 October 27th 04 02:34 PM