AL

Default How do I rotate the universal table on a K&T 2K ?

A few weeks ago, I bought a Kearney and Trecker 2K horizontal mill made
during World War 2. It was dirty but I was satisfied with what I got.
Tonight I was cleaning it up and noticed a curve under the table. As I
cleaned off the gunk, I saw graduations on the curve. A universal table! I
don't know how I didn't notice this earlier.

Anyway, does anyone know how to rotate the table? I see about half a dozen
hex head bolts (bolt heads are about 3/4") near the curve at the front, left
and right. Do I just loosen these and turn the table by hand? Or is it
somehow geared?

Gunner

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:47:32 -0500, "AL" wrote:

A few weeks ago, I bought a Kearney and Trecker 2K horizontal mill made
during World War 2. It was dirty but I was satisfied with what I got.
Tonight I was cleaning it up and noticed a curve under the table. As I
cleaned off the gunk, I saw graduations on the curve. A universal table! I
don't know how I didn't notice this earlier.

Anyway, does anyone know how to rotate the table? I see about half a dozen
hex head bolts (bolt heads are about 3/4") near the curve at the front, left
and right. Do I just loosen these and turn the table by hand? Or is it
somehow geared?

Most of those are simply hand turned. Typically 2 lock bolts on each
side, two in the front.

I dont recall seeing any geared ones.

Now..time and rust may make this a bit problematic, or it may spin
freely. Shrug...

for torturing the cat." Gunner