Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine problem

Came down this morning to a fair bit of water on kitchen and utility room
floor - wet inside as well as outside. Could have been worse - on further
investigation not sure why it wasn't. Pipe from soap dispenser to drum
seems blocked - presumably with soap power. Does anyone know where I can
download a service manual for a Candy CN100 so I can work out how to
dismantle the soap dispenser.

TIA

Keith

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keith Dunbar" wrote in message
Came down this morning to a fair bit of water on kitchen and utility room
floor - wet inside as well as outside. Could have been worse - on further
investigation not sure why it wasn't. Pipe from soap dispenser to drum
seems blocked - presumably with soap power. Does anyone know where I can
download a service manual for a Candy CN100 so I can work out how to
dismantle the soap dispenser.

TIA

Keith

what about a kettle of hot water?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keith Dunbar" wrote in message
Came down this morning to a fair bit of water on kitchen and utility room
floor - wet inside as well as outside. Could have been worse - on further
investigation not sure why it wasn't. Pipe from soap dispenser to drum
seems blocked - presumably with soap power. Does anyone know where I can
download a service manual for a Candy CN100 so I can work out how to
dismantle the soap dispenser.

TIA

Keith

Try:

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...showpage&pid=5

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"Keith Dunbar" wrote in message
Came down this morning to a fair bit of water on kitchen and utility room
floor - wet inside as well as outside. Could have been worse - on
further investigation not sure why it wasn't. Pipe from soap dispenser
to drum seems blocked - presumably with soap power. Does anyone know
where I can download a service manual for a Candy CN100 so I can work out
how to dismantle the soap dispenser.

TIA

Keith

Try:

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...showpage&pid=5

It wasn't the dispenser itself, but the tube leading from the dispenser to
the drum, which had become blocked with soap powder on the other side of its
U-bend!!! Funny stuff soap powder. Anyway, after multiple rinsings with
hot water and a bit of prodding it got sorted thanks. And the machine is
still working after I put it back together.

Keith

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-21 15:56:45 +0100, "Keith Dunbar" said:

"John" wrote in message

[...]

One thing that you can usefully do, even now and in general regularly
once a month or so, is to run a 95 degree wash with the machine either
empty or a small number of items. This will tend to soften and
dislodge the gunked soap powder. One other common effect of this
caked powder is that it tends to hum after a while.

An alternative approach is to use detergent dispenser balls inside the
machine and bypass use of the machine's one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Hall writes:

One thing that you can usefully do, even now and in general regularly
once a month or so, is to run a 95 degree wash with the machine either
empty or a small number of items. This will tend to soften and
dislodge the gunked soap powder. One other common effect of this
caked powder is that it tends to hum after a while.

I wonder if this is down to the particular brand of detergent?
I've used Persil (mostly Bio, occasionally non-Bio) for ~20 years
in a machine, 35C washes only, and never had these problems.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Keith Dunbar
writes
Came down this morning to a fair bit of water on kitchen and utility room
floor - wet inside as well as outside. Could have been worse - on further
investigation not sure why it wasn't. Pipe from soap dispenser to drum
seems blocked - presumably with soap power. Does anyone know where I can
download a service manual for a Candy CN100 so I can work out how to
dismantle the soap dispenser.

Just pull the bugger out and use some common sense

"Candy CN100 service manual" brings up some hits, - of course you tried
that, didn't you

Candy are cheap badged machines, made by various manufacturers like
electrolux

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

"Keith Dunbar" wrote in message
Came down this morning to a fair bit of water on kitchen and utility room
floor - wet inside as well as outside. Could have been worse - on further
investigation not sure why it wasn't. Pipe from soap dispenser to drum
seems blocked - presumably with soap power. Does anyone know where I can
download a service manual for a Candy CN100 so I can work out how to
dismantle the soap dispenser.

We get build up in the dispenser also.
So once a week I take it out of the machine and it goes through the
dishwasher and gets cleared out.

washing machine problem [email protected] Home Ownership 0 October 9th 06 07:50 PM
Washing Machine Problem [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 11th 06 01:26 AM
Washing Machine Problem Nodge UK diy 0 May 18th 06 11:36 AM
Washing Machine Problem Ray L UK diy 5 June 6th 05 02:39 PM
Washing Machine Problem Dorot29701 Home Repair 1 December 22nd 04 06:34 PM