Dorot29701

Default Washing Machine Problem

I have a 10 yr. old Maytag washer (Model LAT5910BAW) and it has never had a
problem. Suddenly it has started making a squishey noise when it pumps out
water and then after the water is out and it is spinning, it gets very loud and
it vibrates. The machine doesn't move around as in unbalanced load. But there
is definitely a problem. It also leaks a little water at this point.

I need someone familiar with these machines to tell me approximately how much a
new pump would cost installed. I may be wrong about what is causing the
problem. Talked to the man who makes appointments. A diagnostic service call
is $49 but if they work on it I pay parts and labor not the $49. If I buy new,
from them, they take off $25. Their prices are higher than Lowe's and probably
HD.

I have to decide whether it is wiser to try and fix this one or buy a new one.
They can't send anybody out for at least a week because of the holidays. Any
advice? Oh, and if I buy new: Maytag or Whirlpool? I will not be buying the
top of the line.

MLD

"Dorot29701" wrote in message
[...]

For some help try the following sites on Appliance Repairs
MLD

http://www.applianceaid.com/index.html

http://www.repairclinic.com/0003.asp