Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default drain across my land

Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge and what problems I
should watch out for.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alanb wrote:
Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge and what problems I
should watch out for.

Thanks

You might want to google uk.legally.moderated (and possibly post there).
Thre was a post about this there recently. The developer could be
stuffed if you won't play ball depending on local conditions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alanb" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge

As much as you can get. It is supply and demand so be greedy.

and what problems I
should watch out for.

A knife in the back by some crafty solicitor employed by the developer which
means your land /house is worthless when the **** hits the fan or leaks from
the drains.

This is a job for your solicitor

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om, alanb
writes
Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge and what problems I
should watch out for.

Thanks

Consult a Fenland farmer, there're experts when it comes to "ransom strips"

Normally as much as you can screw out of him/them, after all every other
bu**er in the chain will!...
--
Tony Sayer

Land drainage Bill UK diy 21 August 5th 07 04:37 PM
Denuding the land Eigenvector Home Repair 18 June 30th 07 02:50 AM
development land normanwisdom UK diy 7 June 22nd 07 10:11 AM
Raising Land John Keyser Home Ownership 5 August 13th 05 04:57 AM