DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   drain across my land (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/206948-drain-across-my-land.html)

alanb[_2_] July 19th 07 05:49 PM

drain across my land

Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge and what problems I
should watch out for.

Thanks

clot July 19th 07 06:02 PM

drain across my land

alanb wrote:
Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge and what problems I
should watch out for.

Thanks

You might want to google uk.legally.moderated (and possibly post there).
Thre was a post about this there recently. The developer could be
stuffed if you won't play ball depending on local conditions.

ARWadsworth July 19th 07 06:33 PM

drain across my land

"alanb" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge

As much as you can get. It is supply and demand so be greedy.

and what problems I
should watch out for.

A knife in the back by some crafty solicitor employed by the developer which
means your land /house is worthless when the **** hits the fan or leaks from
the drains.

This is a job for your solicitor

Adam

tony sayer July 19th 07 07:33 PM

drain across my land

In article om, alanb
writes
Hi

I have been approached by a developer wishing to come across my land
to access a main sewer on my land.

The run will be either 20m acoss a lawn or 10m damaging a path and
brick bbq.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I can charge and what problems I
should watch out for.

Thanks

Consult a Fenland farmer, there're experts when it comes to "ransom strips"

Normally as much as you can screw out of him/them, after all every other
bu**er in the chain will!...
--
Tony Sayer