Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drainage

I have a problem with damp, and need to take rainwater from a downpipe away
from my property. The builder I am talking to has said we need to have a
gully and pipe it away to a soakaway in our garden as far away from the
property as possible. Some of our neighbours have taken a pipe from further
up the downpipe through a hole in the front wall out onto the street. This
is obviously a much cheaper solution. Any cons to this. Obviously we think
the builder wants to do it the more expensive way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 20:50:44 +0100, "news.tiscali.co.uk"
wrote:

I have a problem with damp, and need to take rainwater from a downpipe away
from my property. The builder I am talking to has said we need to have a
gully and pipe it away to a soakaway in our garden as far away from the
property as possible. Some of our neighbours have taken a pipe from further
up the downpipe through a hole in the front wall out onto the street. This
is obviously a much cheaper solution. Any cons to this. Obviously we think
the builder wants to do it the more expensive way.

#Ask the neighbours who have it if there's any problems.

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If you discharge rainwater into public drains rather than your own
soakaway then you have to pay an increased water bill.

Check your last bill to see if you're being charged for this.

drainage David Rothman Home Repair 0 March 16th 07 03:04 PM
Drainage C & E Home Repair 1 March 6th 06 03:13 AM
Drainage Burhans Home Repair 2 July 11th 05 03:00 PM
Yet another drainage problem Anna Kettle UK diy 9 March 22nd 05 09:28 PM
Drainage Peter Balcombe UK diy 1 September 7th 04 11:13 AM