Posted to uk.d-i-y
news.tiscali.co.uk news.tiscali.co.uk is offline

Default Drainage

I have a problem with damp, and need to take rainwater from a downpipe away
from my property. The builder I am talking to has said we need to have a
gully and pipe it away to a soakaway in our garden as far away from the
property as possible. Some of our neighbours have taken a pipe from further
up the downpipe through a hole in the front wall out onto the street. This
is obviously a much cheaper solution. Any cons to this. Obviously we think
the builder wants to do it the more expensive way.