Burhans

Default Drainage

All,
I recently diverted all my downspout via underground pipe away from the
foundation. I thought this would solve my Water issues inside of my home but
I am still having problems.
Has anyone ever heard of Inside Crawlspace Drainage. In the Crawl Space
I have Rock 1 Ft Deep and 1 Ft Wide sitting on the Footer. The Dirt on the
inner part of the Crawlspace is built up to the height of the rock. Now the
Water drains all the way to one side of Crawlspace and then through a small
hole into the addition (firewall) of the house were the water has been
freely dumping causing water issues.
My Idea was to mimic what was done in the Crawlspace of the Original
Home in the Crawlspace of the Addition. Currently the Sump Pump is in the
Lowest part of the addition. Does this sound like a good idea? The only
other option I have it regarding the land outside of the house to help with
drainage.

Any Ideas Please Give a Helping Hand.
Thanks.

If I understand the situation, you have to deal with surface run off
first and foremost.
I am presently working with a similar condition. We were hired to
replace rotten joists in a crawl space and find that a drain similar to
yours and placed around the pereimeter of the buiilding does not manage
the surface drainage.

There is every reason to keep water out of the crawl space. Water in
the crawl space leads to mold, rot, termites.

The interior drain you describe is useful as a back up.

The fire wall should not have holes in it.

TB

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Burhans wrote:
[...]

The house next to my mothers house has a sump under the crawl space of a
small addition. The sump's not on though. It was installed so long ago
I dont know what the deal is with the whole thing. but i do know water
pools in that space and with no sump the pit will fill up and drail into
the sewer. So I guess its not unuusual to have sump in addition crawl
space.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert