Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moving Vista license from one machine to another ????

Guys,
Got the Visa Ultimate retail and gonna install it on my existing (aging) P4
system with 1 gig RAM. However, in a few months I will want to move the
Vista license onto my new build PC - a Intel Quad core. How do I move the
software license from the old to the new machine ? If I activate whilst its
still on my old machine then the activation server will not allow the
activation on the new machine .... ????? If I uninstall from the old
machine, does some tool go to the activation server and say that the
software has been removed and is avilable to be legally installed elsewhere?

How does this work please?

Thanks, Steve

Moving washing machine Simon UK diy 3 February 21st 06 11:33 AM
Have a question regarding moving a washer machine or dryer blauter78 Home Repair 7 December 29th 05 10:39 PM
Machine moving roller skates Jim Dincau Metalworking 1 November 14th 05 03:53 PM
Machine moving skates Jim Dincau Metalworking 9 September 21st 05 02:22 AM
Moving Dishwasher and Washing Machine Bill UK diy 12 June 11th 04 12:47 AM