Junior Member

Default Remote garage door openers

Hi everyone this is the first time that I have subscribed to your forum, so please forgive me if I am not up to speed on the correct protocol etc.
I have purchased from eBay a Motorlift garage door opener from a German outfit called H & F Trade GmbH. They have a listing of over 14000 sales so I think they must be fairly well known.
The system is a DIY self fit kit and being, I think, a reasonably competent person, I thought that I would have no big problem in installing the system. the problem is that the "Installation guide" is not in understandable English and the accompanying diagrams leave a lot to be desired. Have any of you ever fitted one of these kits and can you give me some help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:08:43 +0100, Alan J B
wrote:

Hi everyone this is the first time that I have subscribed to your forum,
so please forgive me if I am not up to speed on the correct protocol
etc.
I have purchased from eBay a Motorlift garage door opener from a German
outfit called H & F Trade GmbH. They have a listing of over 14000 sales
so I think they must be fairly well known.
The system is a DIY self fit kit and being, I think, a reasonably
competent person, I thought that I would have no big problem in
installing the system. the problem is that the "Installation guide" is
not in understandable English and the accompanying diagrams leave a lot
to be desired. Have any of you ever fitted one of these kits and can you
give me some help.

If it's one of the models sold by Screwfix, it looks as if you can download the
pdf document from their site.

www.screwfix.com

HTH
ANdy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

If not I have fitted three Chamberlain Motorlift door openers of
different vintages at home, I could E-Mail you some instructions.

--
Chris Green
Junior Member

The unit appears to be very similar to the Chamberlain ML750-GB. I have downloaded the pdf file about fitting one of these, but I'm not sure of 2 things (1) My garage door has a long tensioning spring which runs right across the top of the door, do I have to remove this or take the tension off? (2) The instructions mention reinforcing the door frame, is this necessary? Please e-mail reply to .
Thanks
Alan J B

Garage door openers Brian Reay UK diy 1 April 1st 07 06:00 PM
GARAGE DOOR OPENERS BrianInNY Home Repair 5 January 1st 07 11:31 PM
Garage door openers Steve Barker LT Home Repair 10 December 8th 06 05:28 PM
Garage door openers D'Olier Home Repair 7 January 15th 06 08:15 AM
anyone using the Miracle garage door openers? dean Home Repair 7 September 13th 05 11:15 PM