dean

Default anyone using the Miracle garage door openers?

Trying to get the door up out of the way of a car lift, and it seems
the only way to go is with a Miracle door opener, that runs on the side
rails. Anyone got any real-use opinions, positive or negative, about
these?

Thanks,

Dean

Duane Bozarth

dean wrote:

Trying to get the door up out of the way of a car lift, and it seems
the only way to go is with a Miracle door opener, that runs on the side
rails. Anyone got any real-use opinions, positive or negative, about
these?

No data on it, but what about a roll-up door?
dean

There are issues with safety on commercial doors, the places I've asked
will not install them at a residential house.

Rich

Those Miracle openers suck. They are only good from an installer's point of
view where he can sucker a homeowner to buy. They install quickly so the
installer can take the money and run.
These openers work from one side of the door, if your door is working
perfectly you will have problems especially on double-width doors.. Any
type of maintenance issues such as spring balance, worn pulleys, worn
rollers, out of plumb tracks etc. can cause the Miracle to need a miracle.
Get a jackshaft operator if you have a door with torsion springs. Jackshaft
operators are intended for high lift and vertical lift doors. If your door
isn't high lift or vertical lift then you will need spring plungers mounted
at the rear of the tracks to give your door the initial momentum to help
prevent the cables from coming off the drums.
If you have extension springs then get a low-profile trolley operator with a
slave unit (Motor-head sits to the side of the tracks, out of the way, and
a shaft operates the trolley mechanism.).

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
dean wrote:

Trying to get the door up out of the way of a car lift, and it seems
the only way to go is with a Miracle door opener, that runs on the side
rails. Anyone got any real-use opinions, positive or negative, about
these?

No data on it, but what about a roll-up door?

Duane Bozarth

dean wrote:

There are issues with safety on commercial doors, the places I've asked
will not install them at a residential house.

Something prevent you installing yourself (other than choice which, of
course, is a valid reason)? Price would be one other possibility,
obviously.

dean

Rich - I will be installing a new door and reframing at the same time
to conver the current 7 foot door into an 8 foot door. Could you give
me a like to a pic of a jakshaft operator, if you sell them? I couldn't
see them on your site.

Thanks,

Dean

Rich

These openers work from one side of the door, if your door is working
perfectly you will have problems especially on double-width doors..

CORRECTION:

These openers work from one side of the door, if your door is NOT working
perfectly you will have problems especially on double-width doors..

Rich

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Rich - I will be installing a new door and reframing at the same time
to conver the current 7 foot door into an 8 foot door. Could you give
me a like to a pic of a jakshaft operator, if you sell them? I couldn't
see them on your site.

Thanks,

Dean

http://www.liftmaster.com/cw/product...3-id-7,00.html

I don't sell them because there isn't much of a demand for them "online" but
if you are near the NY/NJ tri-state area I can get them for you. It
wouldn't be cost effective for you if they are to be shipped outside of my
local area. Contact LiftMaster for a couple of dealers nearest you and
price them out.