Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.modifications,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default Is Araldite ok for metal?

On my rather old tube of 'regular' Araldite it says it is ok for metal.

If this is so then why would I ever use one of those 2-part adhesives
sold specially for metal? I mean the sort of thing that is usually
coloured grey and can often be bought in car accessory shops?

I need to glue an aluminium ring (about 1.5 inches diameter and about
4mm thick) to a plastic base. There will be some light to moderate
stressing of this arrangement when it is in use.

I figured the Araldite was just fine for the plastic but what about the
metal?

Expensive Araldite? Lobster UK diy 11 August 16th 06 06:51 AM
araldite comparisons [email protected] UK diy 29 March 25th 06 04:29 PM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? mike ring Home Repair 7 February 28th 05 06:26 PM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? Mary Fisher Home Repair 8 February 27th 05 09:22 PM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? Ross Mac UK diy 7 February 27th 05 09:22 PM