Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y

Default Moving a projector in a school

Robert Moir wrote:

Tx2 wrote:

I do hope that you've had the appropriate training on PAT testing
then!

Define appropriate training? Legislation only requires that the tester
be competent.

Indeed.

Our site manager felt I was competent enough to PAT test some TFT
monitors, showed me how to do it, what to expect, what to look for,
and let me get on with it which I did succesfully.

I was, it seems, appropriately trained.

Indeed.

With no comment on your personal skills or any disrespect intended, this
makes a joke of the whole thing doesn't it? My 'training' was a little more
structured than that but at the end of the day this whole exercise is less
to do with real safety and more to do with people in high places ticking
boxes and covering their own asses.

Since this is cross posted to an education group, I am surprised that
this poster does not know the difference between an ass and an arse :-)

Dave
Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

Isn't there a better way of stating Portable Appliance Testing
testing?

I don't know. Why don't you try saying it out loud with and without the
redundancy at the end and then come back and tell us which feels most
natural to you. If you have time out of your busy schedule of nit-picking
that is.

Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y

Lurch wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:16:07 -0000, Tx2
mused:

Our site manager is certainly competent, as are members of our IT Team.

By competent, do you mean competent as in 'are trained to operate the
test equipment and have certificates to show this' or competent as in
'they look like they know what they're doing to me'?

You missed off "actually do know what they are doing"

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE Aided School
Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:38:03 +0000, Mark Evans
mused:

Lurch wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:16:07 -0000, Tx2
mused:

Our site manager is certainly competent, as are members of our IT Team.

By competent, do you mean competent as in 'are trained to operate the
test equipment and have certificates to show this' or competent as in
'they look like they know what they're doing to me'?

You missed off "actually do know what they are doing"

Very good.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Trade school west Electronics 5 December 27th 06 11:33 PM
Old School Gloat [email protected] Woodworking 10 October 29th 05 04:54 AM
Woodowrking school recomendation whit Woodworking 24 July 3rd 05 10:42 PM
Moving magnet / Moving coil cartridges N Cook Electronics Repair 1 April 12th 05 06:28 PM
Moving Companies save when moving [email protected] Home Ownership 0 January 4th 05 12:15 AM