Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Moving a projector in a school

Robert Moir wrote:

Tx2 wrote:

I do hope that you've had the appropriate training on PAT testing
then!

Define appropriate training? Legislation only requires that the tester
be competent.

Indeed.

Our site manager felt I was competent enough to PAT test some TFT
monitors, showed me how to do it, what to expect, what to look for,
and let me get on with it which I did succesfully.

I was, it seems, appropriately trained.

Indeed.

With no comment on your personal skills or any disrespect intended, this
makes a joke of the whole thing doesn't it? My 'training' was a little more
structured than that but at the end of the day this whole exercise is less
to do with real safety and more to do with people in high places ticking
boxes and covering their own asses.

Since this is cross posted to an education group, I am surprised that
this poster does not know the difference between an ass and an arse :-)

Dave