Default Old School Gloat

While roaming Phoenix Park and Swap last year I stumbled upon some old
Wilton 9 inch vises salvaged from a HS woodshop nasty looking (lots of
rust and glue) but in fine working order. Marked 30.00 per. There were
5. Never being afraid to ask, I say would you take 100.00 for all
five. He says 125.00. I say all I have is 100.00. He says buy 4. I say
thanks anyway and start to walk away. He says sold.
I keep two and give the other 3 away for presents.

I think this is a small gloat, and at the very least great presents.

Ed
Thomas Bunetta

wrote in message
news
While roaming Phoenix Park and Swap last year I stumbled upon some old
Wilton 9 inch vises salvaged from a HS woodshop nasty looking (lots of
rust and glue) but in fine working order. Marked 30.00 per. There were
5. Never being afraid to ask, I say would you take 100.00 for all
five. He says 125.00. I say all I have is 100.00. He says buy 4. I say
thanks anyway and start to walk away. He says sold.
I keep two and give the other 3 away for presents.

I think this is a small gloat, and at the very least great presents.

Ed

Obligatory "You Suck" !
(and so do three lucky present recipients!)
Tom

NorthIdahoWWer

My dad referred to ppl like you as "horse traders" and bragged that he was
one as well. His skills at "jewing", as he called it, didn't rub off on me
much though. Good buy!

Will