Member

Default 3 Mobile Phone

Apologies (again) if this isnt the right forum but....
I have a mobile phone on the 3 3G network. Its a Motorola V3x and to be honest it is quite the worst phoen I have ever owned. The menus are impossible to navigate and the battery life is appaling.
Can I use the 3 SIM card on a non 3 (and non 3G) phone. I have a sapre Nokia which is better - but it was previously running on Vodafone. I have unlocked it, but will it work???
thnaks for any advice
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alexbartman" wrote in message

Apologies (again) if this isnt the right forum but....
I have a mobile phone on the 3 3G network. Its a Motorola V3x and to
be honest it is quite the worst phoen I have ever owned. The menus are
impossible to navigate and the battery life is appaling.
Can I use the 3 SIM card on a non 3 (and non 3G) phone. I have a sapre
Nokia which is better - but it was previously running on Vodafone. I
have unlocked it, but will it work???
thnaks for any advice

uk.telecom.mobile should be able to help you best

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
"alexbartman" wrote in message

Apologies (again) if this isnt the right forum but....
I have a mobile phone on the 3 3G network. Its a Motorola V3x and to
be honest it is quite the worst phoen I have ever owned. The menus are
impossible to navigate and the battery life is appaling.
Can I use the 3 SIM card on a non 3 (and non 3G) phone. I have a sapre
Nokia which is better - but it was previously running on Vodafone. I
have unlocked it, but will it work???
thnaks for any advice

uk.telecom.mobile should be able to help you best

and if it's already unlocked, just stick the SIM in and try it. Can't do any
harm, can it?

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

and if it's already unlocked, just stick the SIM in and try it. Can't do any
harm, can it?

John.

3 dont use SIMS, they use something called a USIM.

I have read posts in various groups about people damaging their (non
3) phone by putting a USIM in it. I have tried it (before I read the
posts) and it didnt damage my old SE.

I also think its against the terms and conditions of the contract. I
beleive that when a 3 phone doesnt have a 3G signal it uses the O2
network, which costs 3 more money. By putting the 2 USIM in a non 3G
phone, you will be using the O2 network.

I am no expert in this, this is just what I have picked up from
reading other posts when I was given a 3 phone by my brother. I
wanted to stick with Orange but couldnt as no one could unlock phones
on 3.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I spoke to 3 about this a couple of months ago - they said there is no
technical reason why it won't work, but they will issue a warning for
not using a 3g handset, and then disconnect you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com, AlanC
writes

and if it's already unlocked, just stick the SIM in and try it. Can't do any
harm, can it?

John.

3 dont use SIMS, they use something called a USIM.

I have read posts in various groups about people damaging their (non
3) phone by putting a USIM in it. I have tried it (before I read the
posts) and it didnt damage my old SE.

I also think its against the terms and conditions of the contract. I
beleive that when a 3 phone doesnt have a 3G signal it uses the O2
network, which costs 3 more money. By putting the 2 USIM in a non 3G
phone, you will be using the O2 network.

I am no expert in this, this is just what I have picked up from
reading other posts when I was given a 3 phone by my brother. I
wanted to stick with Orange but couldnt as no one could unlock phones
on 3.

What's the original problem is it the 3 network or the phone?....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:54:46 +0000, alexbartman
wrote:

Apologies (again) if this isnt the right forum but....
I have a mobile phone on the 3 3G network. Its a Motorola V3x and to
be honest it is quite the worst phoen I have ever owned. The menus are
impossible to navigate and the battery life is appaling.
Can I use the 3 SIM card on a non 3 (and non 3G) phone. I have a sapre
Nokia which is better - but it was previously running on Vodafone. I
have unlocked it, but will it work???
thnaks for any advice

Why not just try it by putting the Sim in to the Nokia and phoning or
texting someone ...yourself if you are texting ...in fact you probably
don't even need to phone or text ...it will likely tell you if it
isn't taking the Sim card .
Stuart