Barney

Default Mobile phone

I wonder if any of you clever chaps can give me any advice on my daughter's
faulty mobile phone. She tells me she dropped it (there may be more to it
than this - she is only eleven) -- it doesn't appear to be physically
damaged -- I suspect she has pressed a few too many buttons. The phone is a
Sagem MYX-2 (on Orange PAYG) and it just displays the message 'sim blocked'.
It wasn't protected by a PIN number start-up, so I can't see how she has put
in the wrong PIN or anything. I have ordered a new sim for her, but she'd
rather like to be able to retrieve her phonebook -- and keep her original
phone number. She bought the phone off a neighbour's kid a while back and I
last time we tried Orange Technical Support they asked for the original
registrant's password -- which we haven't got, neither has the neighbour as
they can't remember it -- without this password they won't help us.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Travis Jordan

Barney wrote:
Anyone got any suggestions?

The PUK code should have been on the cover for the original SIM card.

SIM BLOCKED:
You have entered three incorrect PIN codes. Enter your PUK code to
unblock your SIM Card. You need to enter : **05*PUK*PIN*PIN# You need to
enter your PUK code (Personal Unblocking Key) given by your network
provider. 10 errors permanently block your SIM Card. You need to contact
your network provider to get a new one.

Travis Jordan

Barney wrote:
Anyone got any suggestions?

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocki...moteunlock.htm
http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/sagem.htm

Barney

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Barney wrote:
Anyone got any suggestions?

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocki...moteunlock.htm
http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/sagem.htm

Thanks a lot, I'll give this a try.

Ugly_Georges

I had this on a Nec DB2000. I had to dismount it and take off the
back-up battery (surface mounted) leave it like this for tem minutes,
resoldered and it worked immediately.

Cheers