Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help on Gas Hob Connection pls...????

Guys,
Redoing my kitchen and want to move the Gas Hob 400mm to the left. The
existing hob is directly connected to a vertical piece of 15mm copper pipe
that is on the "switched" side of a gas cock - i.e. there is no flexible
hose on the existing hob.

I want to install a new type of Gas Hob - a Siemens one. However, I do
not want to have to move the Gas Cock 400 mm to the left because that
would involve me cutting the "mains" side of the gas cock. In other words I
would like to leave the gas cock where it is, saw through some of the
"switched" side of the 15mm vertical pipe, attach a flexible hose to
this and then route it to my new hob.

Is what I am saying sensible or even legal? I am a DIYer not a Corgi man.

This is the hose I am looking at:

How would I get this onto the 15mm pipe with a compression fitting?

Thanks,

Steve

Short cuts make for long delays.....

Use ROT13 for my email:

gas hob pressure dme UK diy 4 September 1st 06 10:09 PM
LPG connection underconcrete to hob Donwill UK diy 1 April 5th 06 07:09 PM
Built in gas oven under a inset gas hob Chris Cowley UK diy 13 March 23rd 06 11:35 PM
Gas hob al UK diy 13 April 21st 05 05:08 PM
Gas Hob Connection 10mm pipe Mo Thanku UK diy 5 November 9th 04 08:25 PM