Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

Default LPG connection underconcrete to hob

I'm in the process of building a kitchen extension. It's planned to have
propane cyls outside, with 10mm plastic covered Cu pipe approx 4Meters long
to connect to a standard 4 burner hob.
In order to cross the threshold of an internal door some 1.5 metres of the
pipe will be under the screed.
I assume to need to build in a protection sleeving to the pipe with it's
external opening lower than it's internal opening so that in the unlikely
event of a leak within the sleeving the heavier than air propane will flow
to the outside.
I thought to use that black ribbed plastic pipe to act as a protective
sleeve, is this the right material to use? I would use a Corgi to do the
connections but I need to build in the pipe at the concrete stage. Any
advice please? I assume there is a BS CP for this.

Donwill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:52:20 +0100, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot
wrote:

propane cyls outside, with 10mm plastic covered Cu pipe approx 4Meters long

I'd go for 15mm. One day you may want a larger hob.

I thought to use that black ribbed plastic pipe to act as a protective

You can get plastic coated pipe, but see later.

I need to build in the pipe at the concrete stage.

Build in a length of plastic overflow pipe, the fitter can then pass
the gas pipe through this, whatever they choose.

--
Nigel M