Baloo

I have repaired a few MS natural keyboards, and have never had a problem,
just got to get everything in the right relationship, and reassemble the
keyboard, taking care to keep them aligned correctly and they work. Of
course your keyboard may be different.

HTH

Baloo
"Reiner Schall" wrote in message
m...
Yesterday I accidently get Tea over my keyboard. I opened it, cleaned
everything, but it won't work anymore. I suggest now it is not from
the tea, but from a rubber connection board. I don't know how's the
correct name of it, but like to describe it:

There is a small circuit board with connections over the top. Not that
kind of femal/male things. It's just circuit lines. The other part of
the connection is like rubber. The both parts are gentlie glue
together and so the connection will work. But once you get them apart,
they nevel will work together. How's the correct name oth that kind of
connection? What's the reason? How get them together again?

Thanks in advance, Reiner (again)

NSM

"Reiner Schall" wrote in message
m...
| Yesterday I accidently get Tea over my keyboard. I opened it, cleaned
| everything, but it won't work anymore. I suggest now it is not from
| the tea, but from a rubber connection board. I don't know how's the
| correct name of it, but like to describe it:

Elastomeric connection strip (also called zebra strip)?

| There is a small circuit board with connections over the top. Not that
| kind of femal/male things. It's just circuit lines. The other part of
| the connection is like rubber. The both parts are gentlie glue
| together and so the connection will work. But once you get them apart,
| they nevel will work together. How's the correct name oth that kind of
| connection? What's the reason? How get them together again?

I suspect you are in trouble. All I can suggest is try to find a technician
who can repair this, or buy a new keyboard. It takes experience to know what
can be dismantled and what can't. Some of these connections can only be made
in the factory.

NM

Jerry G.

You need a new keyboard. Once these get wet, they are normally damaged.
Theory cost too much to service in relation to their purchase price for new
ones.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Reiner Schall" wrote in message
m...
Yesterday I accidently get Tea over my keyboard. I opened it, cleaned
everything, but it won't work anymore. I suggest now it is not from
the tea, but from a rubber connection board. I don't know how's the
correct name of it, but like to describe it:

There is a small circuit board with connections over the top. Not that
kind of femal/male things. It's just circuit lines. The other part of
the connection is like rubber. The both parts are gentlie glue
together and so the connection will work. But once you get them apart,
they nevel will work together. How's the correct name oth that kind of
connection? What's the reason? How get them together again?

Thanks in advance, Reiner (again)

hemyd

"Reiner Schall" wrote in message
m...
Yesterday I accidently get Tea over my keyboard. I opened it, cleaned
everything, but it won't work anymore. I suggest now it is not from
the tea, but from a rubber connection board. I don't know how's the
correct name of it, but like to describe it:

There is a small circuit board with connections over the top. Not that
kind of femal/male things. It's just circuit lines. The other part of
the connection is like rubber. The both parts are gentlie glue
together and so the connection will work. But once you get them apart,
they nevel will work together. How's the correct name oth that kind of
connection? What's the reason? How get them together again?

Thanks in advance, Reiner (again)

Plain keyboards are generally quite cheap to replace, however it is possible
to clean them.

First, you need to make very sure of which parts go where. Draw pictures if
necessary. I suppose it's too late now, though.

To clean the sticky spill you need to use plain water. Do not use solvents,
as the sugary spill is water soluble. You need to wash out all components,
including the moulding on the rubber, rinsing it until there is not trace
left of the spilt tea. You will need to rinse and wash several time.

Then you need to make sure that everything is completely dry - not a drop of
water left anywhere.

Then re-assemble it. Can't help yuo with that - the parts have to be
together exactly the way they were before. If any components have trouble
fitting together, or if any screws feel unusually tighter, they you probably
do not have them in the right place. Don't force the components together -
find out why they don't fit.

After you put everything together, test every key to make sure it moves down
freely and springs back up. If any key is stuck down it will cause problems.

Henry.

NSM

"hemyd" wrote in message
u...

| To clean the sticky spill you need to use plain water. Do not use
solvents,
| as the sugary spill is water soluble. You need to wash out all components,
| including the moulding on the rubber, rinsing it until there is not trace
| left of the spilt tea. You will need to rinse and wash several time.

Or clean water with baking soda, followed by clean water. Worked on a CD
player.

Reiner Schall

"NSM" wrote in message news:f5Qkd.139494$df2.33032@edtnps89...

Elastomeric connection strip (also called zebra strip)?

| There is a small circuit board with connections over the top. Not that
| kind of femal/male things. It's just circuit lines. The other part of
| the connection is like rubber. The both parts are gentlie glue
| together and so the connection will work. But once you get them apart,
| they nevel will work together. How's the correct name oth that kind of
| connection? What's the reason? How get them together again?

I suspect you are in trouble. All I can suggest is try to find a technician
who can repair this, or buy a new keyboard. It takes experience to know what
can be dismantled and what can't. Some of these connections can only be made
in the factory.

Thanks for your acknowledgment. I thought it would be like this.
Finally I got a new keyboard :-( The old one was great, the new one is
just semi-great.

Reiner