hemyd

"Reiner Schall" wrote in message
m...
Yesterday I accidently get Tea over my keyboard. I opened it, cleaned
everything, but it won't work anymore. I suggest now it is not from
the tea, but from a rubber connection board. I don't know how's the
correct name of it, but like to describe it:

There is a small circuit board with connections over the top. Not that
kind of femal/male things. It's just circuit lines. The other part of
the connection is like rubber. The both parts are gentlie glue
together and so the connection will work. But once you get them apart,
they nevel will work together. How's the correct name oth that kind of
connection? What's the reason? How get them together again?

Thanks in advance, Reiner (again)

Plain keyboards are generally quite cheap to replace, however it is possible
to clean them.

First, you need to make very sure of which parts go where. Draw pictures if
necessary. I suppose it's too late now, though.

To clean the sticky spill you need to use plain water. Do not use solvents,
as the sugary spill is water soluble. You need to wash out all components,
including the moulding on the rubber, rinsing it until there is not trace
left of the spilt tea. You will need to rinse and wash several time.

Then you need to make sure that everything is completely dry - not a drop of
water left anywhere.

Then re-assemble it. Can't help yuo with that - the parts have to be
together exactly the way they were before. If any components have trouble
fitting together, or if any screws feel unusually tighter, they you probably
do not have them in the right place. Don't force the components together -
find out why they don't fit.

After you put everything together, test every key to make sure it moves down
freely and springs back up. If any key is stuck down it will cause problems.

Henry.