Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default three gang - two way - three lights - wired from a power socket

In need of a wiring diagram for the above. My intension is to fit three
spot lights (50W each) above the bed using 2No. three gang switches two
way but powered from a standard power socket using a standard 3amp
fused plug. I would like to control all three lights independently from
the 2No. three gang swithches (either side of the bed). Any
ideas/suggestions/advise..? Your help will be much appreciated..!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

galileo wrote:

In need of a wiring diagram for the above. My intension is to fit three
spot lights (50W each) above the bed using 2No. three gang switches two
way but powered from a standard power socket using a standard 3amp
fused plug. I would like to control all three lights independently from
the 2No. three gang swithches (either side of the bed). Any
ideas/suggestions/advise..? Your help will be much appreciated..!

This is quite easy if you take it carefully and don't get in a muddle
with all the wires...

I will describe the situation for one lamp and a pair of two way
switches. Doing it with three is just a case of repeating the same
connections three times over.

You need a neutral connection to one side of the lamp

On one two way switch you connect the live to L1 and the other side of
the lamp to L2

Now use a three core and earth cable to connect L1, L2, and COM on
switch one to the same connections on switch two. Job done.

Neutral
==========================

Lamp

L2==================L2

COM=================COM

L1==================L1
Live |
=========================

^^^^ ^^^^
First Second
Switch Switch

(use a mono spaced font to make sense of the above)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"galileo" wrote in message
oups.com...
In need of a wiring diagram for the above. My intension is to fit three
spot lights (50W each) above the bed using 2No. three gang switches two
way but powered from a standard power socket using a standard 3amp
fused plug. I would like to control all three lights independently from
the 2No. three gang swithches (either side of the bed). Any
ideas/suggestions/advise..? Your help will be much appreciated..!

If you want to control each light independently from either side of the bed
you will need triple two way switches at each side of the bed.

Archie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Jan 2007 16:52:37 -0800 someone who may be "galileo"
wrote this:-

My intension is to fit three
spot lights (50W each) above the bed using 2No. three gang switches two
way but powered from a standard power socket using a standard 3amp
fused plug.

Why?

Why not put a fused connection unit alongside the socket and run a
cable from that?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh