Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default three gang - two way - three lights - wired from a power socket

galileo wrote:

In need of a wiring diagram for the above. My intension is to fit three
spot lights (50W each) above the bed using 2No. three gang switches two
way but powered from a standard power socket using a standard 3amp
fused plug. I would like to control all three lights independently from
the 2No. three gang swithches (either side of the bed). Any
ideas/suggestions/advise..? Your help will be much appreciated..!

This is quite easy if you take it carefully and don't get in a muddle
with all the wires...

I will describe the situation for one lamp and a pair of two way
switches. Doing it with three is just a case of repeating the same
connections three times over.

You need a neutral connection to one side of the lamp

On one two way switch you connect the live to L1 and the other side of
the lamp to L2

Now use a three core and earth cable to connect L1, L2, and COM on
switch one to the same connections on switch two. Job done.

Neutral
==========================

Lamp

L2==================L2

COM=================COM

Live |

^^^^ ^^^^
First Second
Switch Switch

(use a mono spaced font to make sense of the above)

--
Cheers,

John.