Default Need extra-large double gang socket plate. Thanks!

Greetings all!

I was roped onto the usenet in the early 1990's, and have always been
impressed by the "ask any recondite question and get a plethora of
meaningful responses" policy that seems to prevail in this venue. And
at present, I am feeling particularly recondite:

As a result of some drywall mayhem, I need a double-gang socket plate
(four sockets) that is larger than the usual size. Doesn't have to be
gargantuan...maybe an inch larger in all directions than the standard
variety. Brown would be great, tiki/tropical/surf theme even better,
but extra-large is the main criterion.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chuck

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:20:09 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

Overcut your drywall really bad, huh?

If that was the case, spackle would be your friend.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

later,

tom @ www.URLBee.com

Mikepier

They sell oversized plates at most home improvement stores

John Grabowski

Go to an electrical supply house and ask for a king size two gang duplex
wall plate. If they don't have it in stock, they can get it. Your choice
of colors may be limited, but you can always spray paint it. I recommend
that you get a metal one for strength.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings all!

I was roped onto the usenet in the early 1990's, and have always been
impressed by the "ask any recondite question and get a plethora of
meaningful responses" policy that seems to prevail in this venue. And
at present, I am feeling particularly recondite:

As a result of some drywall mayhem, I need a double-gang socket plate
(four sockets) that is larger than the usual size. Doesn't have to be
gargantuan...maybe an inch larger in all directions than the standard
variety. Brown would be great, tiki/tropical/surf theme even better,
but extra-large is the main criterion.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chuck

Harry K

Others all have good suggestions. Best is to tape and mud up to the
box.
My option in about the same condition was to remove the box, re-size
opening for a 3-gang box and then put a dummy switch in the 3rd slot.
Harry K