Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Cable / Hole Protectors ?

In my computer room I have some kitchen base units and a worktop. Using this
as a desk.

I want to drill a couple of holes in the top of the worktop at the back for
the cables. When holes have been drilled, I want to put something in the
holes to protect the cables from rubbing on the wood and also make the holes
a little neater.

I have seen something similar to what I am looking for on an old video unit
of a friends.

Can anyone make any suggestions please as to where to get what I need or how
to make something....

--
the_constructor

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"the_constructor" wrote in message
In my computer room I have some kitchen base units and a worktop. Using
this as a desk.

I want to drill a couple of holes in the top of the worktop at the back
for the cables. When holes have been drilled, I want to put something in
the holes to protect the cables from rubbing on the wood and also make the
holes a little neater.

I have seen something similar to what I am looking for on an old video
unit of a friends.

Can anyone make any suggestions please as to where to get what I need or
how to make something....

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...p?sku=CBBR4358
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...p?SKU=CBBR4359
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...p?SKU=CBBR4357
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...p?SKU=CBBR4360

HTH

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sparks" wrote in message

[...]

Hey Sparks, Just the job. Really pleased for the links.
--
the_constructor

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Joe Joe is offline

"the_constructor" wrote in message
In my computer room I have some kitchen base units and a worktop. Using
this as a desk.

I want to drill a couple of holes in the top of the worktop at the back
for the cables. When holes have been drilled, I want to put something in
the holes to protect the cables from rubbing on the wood and also make the
holes a little neater.

I have seen something similar to what I am looking for on an old video
unit of a friends.

Can anyone make any suggestions please as to where to get what I need or
how to make something....

--
the_constructor

I made a desk and wanted the same sort of fitting. There are fitting on
manufactured computer desks but I could not source them so I made my own. I
used the lathe. That way you can make them what colour and what size. Hope
this helps.
Joe

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"the_constructor" wrote:
In my computer room I have some kitchen base units and a worktop. Using
this as a desk.

I want to drill a couple of holes in the top of the worktop at the back
for the cables. When holes have been drilled, I want to put something in
the holes to protect the cables from rubbing on the wood and also make the
holes a little neater.

I have seen something similar to what I am looking for on an old video
unit of a friends.

Can anyone make any suggestions please as to where to get what I need or
how to make something....

Desk grommets?
http://www.cabletidy-direct.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:13:28 UTC, "Joe" wrote:

I made a desk and wanted the same sort of fitting. There are fitting on
manufactured computer desks but I could not source them so I made my own. I
used the lathe. That way you can make them what colour and what size. Hope
this helps.

It took me a while, but I eventually discovered that 'cable tidy' is the
magic incantation. I get them from CPC - as someone else posted, they
have various colours, etc. There actually seems to be a standard size.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

http://cableorganizer.com/grommets/
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

I drilled a 60mm dia hole then pushed a cutting of a waste pipe down from
the top, it has a flange on top and looks good, under the desk I just cut it
clean.
For taking my cables from the computer into an adjacent cupboard where I
have the printer, scanner etc. I cut the wall and fitted 2 double 13 amp
socket boxes in opposition, I cut the bottoms off them and they match up
enabling me to easily slide cables through the stud partition.

"the_constructor" wrote in message
In my computer room I have some kitchen base units and a worktop. Using

this
as a desk.

I want to drill a couple of holes in the top of the worktop at the back

for
the cables. When holes have been drilled, I want to put something in the
holes to protect the cables from rubbing on the wood and also make the

holes
a little neater.

I have seen something similar to what I am looking for on an old video

unit
of a friends.

Can anyone make any suggestions please as to where to get what I need or

how
to make something....

--
the_constructor

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

the_constructor wrote:
In my computer room I have some kitchen base units and a worktop. Using this
as a desk.

I want to drill a couple of holes in the top of the worktop at the back for
the cables. When holes have been drilled, I want to put something in the
holes to protect the cables from rubbing on the wood and also make the holes
a little neater.

I have seen something similar to what I am looking for on an old video unit
of a friends.

Can anyone make any suggestions please as to where to get what I need or how
to make something....

Blimey isn't this the third request for info about this in about a week?
I feel a Wiki coming on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Cable_organising

- My first (a test!)

David

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"Stewart" wrote in message
I drilled a 60mm dia hole then pushed a cutting of a waste pipe down from
the top, it has a flange on top and looks good, under the desk I just cut
it
clean.
For taking my cables from the computer into an adjacent cupboard where I
have the printer, scanner etc. I cut the wall and fitted 2 double 13 amp
socket boxes in opposition, I cut the bottoms off them and they match up
enabling me to easily slide cables through the stud partition.

That sounds an excellent idea Stewart.

Many thanks.

--
the_constructor

Cable hole trim? rick H UK diy 10 December 14th 06 12:06 PM
surge protectors karsan Home Repair 34 June 15th 06 02:05 AM
Toe protectors [email protected] UK diy 14 March 23rd 06 07:46 PM
What size hole for satellite cable? Shabs UK diy 6 October 26th 04 12:25 PM
Is milwaukee router insrt plate mounting hole pattern same as porter cable pattern Rich Woodworking 1 July 22nd 03 04:22 AM