Shabs

Default What size hole for satellite cable?

I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?
Colin Wilson

I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Something like an 8mm should be big enough, unless you plan to leave the
connection on the end of the co-ax (in which case you`ll need to size up
to suit)

When you drill through, angle the hole slightly downwards towards the
outside wall to help prevent water running into the house, and leave a
small "drip loop" in the co-ax before it comes into the house...

Something like this spectacularly bad ascii below :-}

| O (hole)
| |
\__/

John

Shabs wrote:
I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Unless I am missing something I suggest the same size as the cable diameter!

HTH

John

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
John wrote:
I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Unless I am missing something I suggest the same size as the cable
diameter!

I'd use something a bit larger and fill with a flexible sealer.

--
*If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Ian Stirling

Colin Wilson wrote:
I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Something like an 8mm should be big enough, unless you plan to leave the
connection on the end of the co-ax (in which case you`ll need to size up
to suit)

And even larger if you want to leave the box on the end

John Southern

"John" wrote in message ...
Shabs wrote:
I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Unless I am missing something I suggest the same size as the cable diameter!

HTH

John

Either 8mm or 10mm make sure to seal the hole around the cable outside
with clear silicone or get a cover plate of a satellite suplier.

Jon.
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Something like an 8mm should be big enough, unless you plan to leave the
connection on the end of the co-ax (in which case you`ll need to size up
to suit)

When you drill through, angle the hole slightly downwards towards the
outside wall to help prevent water running into the house, and leave a
small "drip loop" in the co-ax before it comes into the house...

Something like this spectacularly bad ascii below :-}

| O (hole)
| |
\__/

A splodge of outdoor sealant would also help, particularly if you leave the
connector on and make an oversized hole.

Bob