Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the
bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole
in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Something like an 8mm should be big enough, unless you plan to leave the
connection on the end of the co-ax (in which case you`ll need to size up
to suit)

When you drill through, angle the hole slightly downwards towards the
outside wall to help prevent water running into the house, and leave a
small "drip loop" in the co-ax before it comes into the house...

Something like this spectacularly bad ascii below :-}

| O (hole)
| |
\__/

A splodge of outdoor sealant would also help, particularly if you leave the
connector on and make an oversized hole.

Bob