Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default best rigid hanging bar for wardrobe?

Need to install a bar to hang my clothes from in a new wardrbe. The
bar will be approx 1.4 metres long My previous experience has not been
good - B & Q's bars have tended to deform under the weight of the
clothes and slip out of their supports.

Can anyone suggest what to use here, and where to get it?

Many thanks

ItsChris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Andrew McKay contains these words:

This tends to be a problem if the bar is too long and unsupported.

1.4 meters is /very/ long for an unsupported clothes rail. If you look
at shop clothes rails of this length they're made of far sterner stuff
than this.

I'd go with the idea of supporting the rail in the middle - or if you're
hanging a row of duffel coats even twice in the middle.

Plenty of the sort Andrew mentioned here...

Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You can get a 1 inch chromed tube with 1 inch fittings from most DIY sheds.
this will take more weight than the ordinary 3/4 inch tubes, but remember to
put at least one support in the middle fixed to the shelf above.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Need to install a bar to hang my clothes from in a new wardrbe. The
bar will be approx 1.4 metres long My previous experience has not been
good - B & Q's bars have tended to deform under the weight of the
clothes and slip out of their supports.

Can anyone suggest what to use here, and where to get it?

Many thanks

ItsChris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.woodfit.com/index.php?cPath=89

I have used this system and have no problems,even with my wifes extensive
collection of clothes

Low height wardrobe/hanging space? Steve Roach UK diy 5 January 23rd 06 08:18 PM
WTB: wardrobe hardware Mungo UK diy 2 January 2nd 06 06:38 PM
Wardrobe locks Graham Jones UK diy 1 January 27th 05 11:41 AM
Wardrobe Organizer happy hunter UK diy 1 April 26th 04 05:04 PM
Wardrobe doors Tricky Dicky UK diy 0 August 20th 03 04:36 PM