Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew McKay Andrew McKay is offline

Default best rigid hanging bar for wardrobe?

wrote:
Need to install a bar to hang my clothes from in a new wardrbe. The
bar will be approx 1.4 metres long My previous experience has not been
good - B & Q's bars have tended to deform under the weight of the
clothes and slip out of their supports.

Can anyone suggest what to use here, and where to get it?

Many thanks

ItsChris

This tends to be a problem if the bar is too long and unsupported.

Is it not possible to support the bar from above? You can get brackets
which will do this job, and they screw up into the shelf immediately above.

Incidentally, you wouldn't normally use a bar, you'd use a tube because
weight for weight tubes are invariably stronger. However I suspect
that's what you meant anyway.

Andrew

--
You probably don't want to reply to my published newsgroup email address
because your email is guaranteed to be treated as spam. If you really do