Posted to uk.d-i-y
NTL News Groups NTL News Groups is offline

Default best rigid hanging bar for wardrobe?

You can get a 1 inch chromed tube with 1 inch fittings from most DIY sheds.
this will take more weight than the ordinary 3/4 inch tubes, but remember to
put at least one support in the middle fixed to the shelf above.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Need to install a bar to hang my clothes from in a new wardrbe. The
bar will be approx 1.4 metres long My previous experience has not been
good - B & Q's bars have tended to deform under the weight of the
clothes and slip out of their supports.

Can anyone suggest what to use here, and where to get it?

Many thanks

ItsChris