Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Beading Around uPVC French Doors

Hi all

The carpet arrives Monday and SWMBO wants some beading fitting around dining
room French doors!
This is on top of the important stuff like making good and sealing the floor
.
Guess some of the quadrant stuff with internal "corner" missing should do
it.
Question is:

This will fit in the corner made by the uPVC door frame and
plastered/emulsioned window reveal.
How do I stick this in place without getting gunk all over the door frame
and wall?
What should I be using to stick it in place with? (I think that
siliconey-sort-of-stuff won't take painting over).

Any tips for the final fit?

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:

This will fit in the corner made by the uPVC door frame and
plastered/emulsioned window reveal.
How do I stick this in place without getting gunk all over the door frame
and wall?
What should I be using to stick it in place with? (I think that
siliconey-sort-of-stuff won't take painting over).

I should just use no-more-nails-type-stuff. You don't want to put so
much on that it extrudes from behind the beading. Really shouldn't be a
problem. And use the water-based stuff so you can wipe it all clean
before it sets firm.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Speaking of the siliconey-sort-of-stuff that you can't paint over...
.... the previous owner of my flat left a great deal of it round a window in
my son's bedroom, anyone know a way of getting a layer of normal emulsion to
stick to it??
The Grim Reaper