Senior Member

Question What is the threshold/dpc detail on upvc french doors?

Gonna be chopping out a window, putting in some upvc french doors and running 25mm insulation with wooden flooring in to the frame internally at the threshold.

The wall is typical cavity construction (102/75/100) and the door frame is fixing to the outer skin. The internal floor slab has no DPM under it (there will however be one between the UFH and the wooden flooring)

I gonna sit the frame on a DPC but what happens about the open cavity at the threshold as the wooden flooring is to run over it?

Do I concrete it up level with the DPC, but wont that cause damp probs with bridging the cavity?

Or do I somehow lap on to the DPC a piece of DPM, down the void and up the otherside then concrete fill the cavity?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alex

Default What is the threshold/dpc detail on upvc french doors?

close the cavity with a real slate bedded in mortar

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

context.
include
Please
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Cordless Crazy wrote:
Gonna be chopping out a window, putting in some upvc french doors and
running 25mm insulation with wooden flooring in to the frame internally
at the threshold.

The wall is typical cavity construction (102/75/100) and the door frame
is fixing to the outer skin. The internal floor slab has no DPM under it
(there will however be one between the UFH and the wooden flooring)

I gonna sit the frame on a DPC but what happens about the open cavity
at the threshold as the wooden flooring is to run over it?

Do I concrete it up level with the DPC, but wont that cause damp probs
with bridging the cavity?

Or do I somehow lap on to the DPC a piece of DPM, down the void and up
the otherside then concrete fill the cavity?

I think this is a case for Mr Expanding Foam frankly.

Waterproof and insulative. A cold and wet barrier in one.

PVCu french doors - buying unglazed [email protected] UK diy 1 March 28th 06 08:01 PM
French Doors Ron UK diy 2 September 29th 05 10:13 AM
French Doors - Wickes john UK diy 1 July 24th 05 11:23 PM
best finish for exterior french doors stuart noble UK diy 1 September 11th 03 08:47 PM
Repairing French doors JohnMBrebner UK diy 1 July 24th 03 11:57 PM