Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Grim Reaper The Grim Reaper is offline

Default Beading Around uPVC French Doors

Speaking of the siliconey-sort-of-stuff that you can't paint over...
.... the previous owner of my flat left a great deal of it round a window in
my son's bedroom, anyone know a way of getting a layer of normal emulsion to
stick to it??
_________________________________
The Grim Reaper

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi all

The carpet arrives Monday and SWMBO wants some beading fitting around
dining room French doors!
This is on top of the important stuff like making good and sealing the
floor .
Guess some of the quadrant stuff with internal "corner" missing should do
it.
Question is:

This will fit in the corner made by the uPVC door frame and
plastered/emulsioned window reveal.
How do I stick this in place without getting gunk all over the door frame
and wall?
What should I be using to stick it in place with? (I think that
siliconey-sort-of-stuff won't take painting over).

Any tips for the final fit?

TIA

Phil