Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lock for side hung garage doors

Please can someone suggest a lock for my wooden side hung garage doors.
Not yet installed. I want to be able to open them from the inside and
outside. Would a sash lock be suitable together with some monkey tail
bolts e.g. toolstation.com product 67060.
Thank you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nafuk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please can someone suggest a lock for my wooden side hung garage doors.
Not yet installed. I want to be able to open them from the inside and
outside. Would a sash lock be suitable together with some monkey tail
bolts e.g. toolstation.com product 67060.
Thank you

if you can bolt one door securely top and bottom and the doors are in good
condition, then you could use two mortice deadlocks.

Whatever you do, always install at least two forms of locking, it makes a
tremendous difference to the chance of a cleftie trying to break in.

mrcheerful

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Please can someone suggest a lock for my wooden side hung garage doors.
Not yet installed. I want to be able to open them from the inside and
outside. Would a sash lock be suitable together with some monkey tail
bolts e.g. toolstation.com product 67060.

Basically, yes. Personally, from Screwfix:

86871 + 92861 + 52899 + 23987 + 2 off 17201.

Although a larger version of 17201 would be useful.

If you want high security, you may need something more sophisticated,
though.

Christian.