Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Ed is offline

Default chips away

Have scratched the plastic area in the bumper region of my wife's C4 about
the size of a big hand ,has anyone tried chips away or similar and what do
they charge for small repairs ?? Or would a normal body shop be more
suitable Thanks L

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:25:32 +0000, Ed wrote:

Have scratched the plastic area in the bumper region of my wife's C4 about
the size of a big hand ,has anyone tried chips away or similar and what do
they charge for small repairs ?? Or would a normal body shop be more
suitable Thanks L

Chap at work has used them about 2 years ago and reckons they are good.

HTH

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , gort
writes
Chap at work has used them about 2 years ago and reckons they are good.

Ditto, a deep scratch across the front of the bonnet and it is still
invisible 18 months latter we were only looking at it a couple of days
ago and saying how good they were. Not sure what they are like with
plastic surfaces though.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed wrote:

Have scratched the plastic area in the bumper region of my wife's C4
about the size of a big hand ,

A big hand off what - a wrist watch or Big Ben? g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed wrote:

Have scratched the plastic area in the bumper region of my wife's C4
about the size of a big hand ,

A big hand off what - a wrist watch or Big Ben? g

what do you think?

Well, on reflection, I guess Big Ben's big hand would be bigger than the
bumper, so it must be a wrist watch! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:59 -0000, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

Well, on reflection, I guess Big Ben's big hand would be bigger than the
bumper, so it must be a wrist watch! g

pedant

Big Ben isn't the clock, it's a bell.

/pedant

:-)
--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well, on reflection, I guess Big Ben's big hand would be bigger than
the bumper, so it must be a wrist watch! g

pedant

Big Ben isn't the clock, it's a bell.

/pedant

:-)

You're right! *Definitely* can't be that, then! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We used them to repair a cracked rear plastic bumper on our Citroen
Synergie MPV. Cost £99 . A year later the repair was still looking good.
They had courtesy cars available too.

RFID Chips Sparks UK diy 8 October 27th 06 10:37 PM
Spreading wood chips in garden concern tenplay Home Repair 12 June 20th 06 12:34 AM
Clearing chips off a band saw blade... Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 31 December 19th 05 04:13 AM
Custom Midway chips follow up russ lavergne Electronics Repair 0 December 2nd 05 06:49 AM
Custom Midway chips russ lavergne Electronics Repair 5 December 1st 05 05:44 AM