Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default stainless steel - what grit to take out scratches

Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to all
makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to all
makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the brushed
effect.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to all
makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the brushed
effect.

--
Mike W

Cheers, hlafords it is tomorrow :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to
all makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the
brushed effect.

Agreed, but the only way to achieve a perfect smear free finish on stainless
steel afterwards is Johnsons Baby Oil. Strange but true.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Staffbull wrote:
visionset wrote:
"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to all
makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the brushed
effect.

--
Mike W

Cheers, hlafords it is tomorrow :-)

T-cut ain't bad either...to get it shiny before you cut back the brushing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 02:16:51 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

visionset wrote:
"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to
all makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the
brushed effect.

Agreed, but the only way to achieve a perfect smear free finish on stainless
steel afterwards is Johnsons Baby Oil. Strange but true.

I can second that .A little on cotton wool pad .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 02:16:51 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

visionset wrote:
"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to
all makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the
brushed effect.

Agreed, but the only way to achieve a perfect smear free finish on stainless
steel afterwards is Johnsons Baby Oil. Strange but true.

It might work but saying its the "only way" is the kind of crap Dr
Dribble comes out with!