Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Matt is offline

Default stainless steel - what grit to take out scratches

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 02:16:51 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

visionset wrote:
"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the
extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to
all makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the
brushed effect.

Agreed, but the only way to achieve a perfect smear free finish on stainless
steel afterwards is Johnsons Baby Oil. Strange but true.

It might work but saying its the "only way" is the kind of crap Dr
Dribble comes out with!