Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Wind turbines

All,
Wandering around the local shed today I notice that they have started
doing wind turbines for £1500 inc. installation and VAT.

The bumf says the following:

1) The turbine generates (up to) 1kW
2) It will save me (up to) 30% of my electricity bill
3) Planning permission is (probably) not needed - it equates it with a
satellite dish.
4) The UK Government will (probably) stump up 30% of the cost.
5) It will pay for itself in (around) 7-12 years.

Any thoughts?

Z.

B&Q Solar [email protected] UK diy 218 October 22nd 06 11:41 PM
Wind turbines - can be DIY made? dg UK diy 465 October 18th 06 06:00 PM
Roof Turbines Seldom Turn White Horse Home Repair 6 August 28th 06 07:59 PM
Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills naffer UK diy 377 July 17th 06 05:22 PM
DIY roof mount wind power? anyone? Jim UK diy 65 November 25th 05 09:16 AM