Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful . mrcheerful                                                                          . is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

"Zoinks" wrote in message
All,
Wandering around the local shed today I notice that they have started
doing wind turbines for £1500 inc. installation and VAT.

The bumf says the following:

1) The turbine generates (up to) 1kW
2) It will save me (up to) 30% of my electricity bill
3) Planning permission is (probably) not needed - it equates it with a
satellite dish.
4) The UK Government will (probably) stump up 30% of the cost.
5) It will pay for itself in (around) 7-12 years.

Any thoughts?

Z.

unless you live on a cliff top you are not going to have enough wind to get
even a tenth of a kilowatt.