Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermostat only kicks in over 25 degrees???

I fitted a thermostat and it works just as a thermostat should except
that it will only click (led lights up) when dial is turned to over 25
and it fires up the boiler (0-25 - nothing at all). The house is cold
these days and i need this sorting ASAP. can anyone advise?

Cheers
Ascension

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ascension wrote:
I fitted a thermostat and it works just as a thermostat should except
that it will only click (led lights up) when dial is turned to over 25
and it fires up the boiler (0-25 - nothing at all). The house is cold
these days and i need this sorting ASAP. can anyone advise?

Cheers
Ascension

Either the stat is mis calibrated (sometimes you can pull the knob off
and reposition it) or your house is in fact at 25 degrees.

other than that it seems to be working.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ascension wrote:

I fitted a thermostat and it works just as a thermostat should except
that it will only click (led lights up) when dial is turned to over 25
and it fires up the boiler (0-25 - nothing at all). The house is cold
these days and i need this sorting ASAP. can anyone advise?

Cheers
Ascension

Sounds like youve connected to the wrong connection on the stat, so its
working in a/c mode. Apart from the neutral, there will be 3
connections, common, heating and ac, and you need common and heating
not ac.( Whether theyll be marked as that is another matter)

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
6 6 is offline

"ascension" wrote in message
oups.com...
I fitted a thermostat and it works just as a thermostat should except
that it will only click (led lights up) when dial is turned to over 25
and it fires up the boiler (0-25 - nothing at all). The house is cold
these days and i need this sorting ASAP. can anyone advise?

Get a digital one.
Press to set