Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermostat only kicks in over 25 degrees???

Roger Mills wrote:

ascension wrote:

I fitted a thermostat and it works just as a thermostat should except
that it will only click (led lights up) when dial is turned to over
25 and it fires up the boiler (0-25 - nothing at all). The house is
cold these days and i need this sorting ASAP. can anyone advise?

Cheers
Ascension

Sounds like youve connected to the wrong connection on the stat, so
its working in a/c mode. Apart from the neutral, there will be 3
connections, common, heating and ac, and you need common and heating
not ac.( Whether theyll be marked as that is another matter)

I don't think that's the problem. Surely if it's wired for cooling rather
than heating, it would switch on when you turn the setting *down* rather
than up?

That was my thought too.

I have had stats that come on at 17 degrees when set to 22..

Never bothered to **** with them

Just turned em up or down till the room felt right.

like Spinal tap's amp, 'this one goes up to eleven'