barry martin

Default Thermostat Location

Matt:

MO I just bought a house that has a furnace located in the garage against a
MO wall of my family room. The builders located my thermostat in the family
MO room very close to where my furnace is located (on the same wall my furnace
MO is against). I noticed in the model home, the thermostat was centrally
MO located in the house in a hallway leading to the kitchen. Should I be
MO concerned?

Possibly not. Would seem the thermostat should be located where the
family's activities will generally be, so in the Family Room makes
sense.

Here the thermostat is located in the hallway in the middle of the
house -- the 'traditional' location but also happens to be almost
directly over the furnace in the basement.

MO be warmer than it actually is (on average). Also, since the thermostat is
MO right next to a door leading into the garage, every time the door is
MO opened, the thermostat is going to register a cool temperature and the
MO furnace is going to kick on leading to high heat bills.

That would be more of a concern. Moving the thermostat to the
opposite wall would have made more sense.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Do dogs south of equator turn around counter clockwise before lie down?
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *