Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default laminate -slight curve on hearth

I want to lay laminate flooring in my lounge ,only slight problem I'm
thinking of, there is a very slight curve on my hearth,would plastic edging
bend slightly to finish it off.I did a bedroom and put wood edging round
instead of taking off all the skirting and it looks fine.If I can match the
colouring would that work? putting it on with no nails.

--
svmsbb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

svmsbb wrote:
I want to lay laminate flooring in my lounge ,only slight problem I'm
thinking of, there is a very slight curve on my hearth,would plastic
edging bend slightly to finish it off.I did a bedroom and put wood
edging round instead of taking off all the skirting and it looks
fine.If I can match the colouring would that work? putting it on with
no nails.

A router would sort out that curve profile.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

svmsbb wrote:

I want to lay laminate flooring in my lounge ,only slight problem I'm
thinking of, there is a very slight curve on my hearth,would plastic edging
bend slightly to finish it off.I did a bedroom and put wood edging round
instead of taking off all the skirting and it looks fine.If I can match the
colouring would that work? putting it on with no nails.

The beading will bend a lot, but the limiting factor is how you 'stick
it down', with a bend in it, until the 'glue' goes off.

Heavy furniture and garden canes spring to mind here.

Put the beading down with your choice of 'glue' and arrange the heavy
furniture, so that you can use canes ,bits of wood, furniture itself, to
ensure that the beading will remain in place until the 'glue' takes a grab.

The word 'glue' is my way of saying what you think may be a suitable
medium for adhesion for this project.

HTH

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
svmsbb wrote:

[...]

The beading will not ben around a corner.

we're talking 1" quadrant here and plastic L shape?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

svmsbb wrote:
I want to lay laminate flooring in my lounge ,only slight problem I'm
thinking of, there is a very slight curve on my hearth,would plastic edging
bend slightly to finish it off.I did a bedroom and put wood edging round
instead of taking off all the skirting and it looks fine.If I can match the
colouring would that work? putting it on with no nails.

Cut the laminate to fit the hearth then

Its not hard..you can use a mastic to make and expansion joint there if
needs be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 16, 11:54 pm, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:
Dave wrote:
svmsbb wrote:

[...]

To most people, a "very slight curve" is not a corner.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
svmsbb wrote:

[...]

Curve/corner doesn't, matter 1" quadrant/L shaped plastic will not bend
around that curve or half circle?

You're the only one who has mentioned anything about the size or shape.
You don't need anything like 1".

it has to be cut at the back with V grooves to form it around the obstacle.

Simple saw cuts will do the job.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
svmsbb wrote:

[...]

thanks everyone,I thinks the small cuts seem like the best option,I remember
an old pal of mine doing that when he made his guitar and the wood did
bend,though the slight curve I would need doing would be over a longer
stretch so shouldnt be to difficult.thanks again